So... what's the point?
When, in disgrace with Fortune and men's eyes,
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself and curse my fate,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,
Desiring this man's art, and that man's scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least,
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
Haply I think on thee, and then my state,
Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate
For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings,
That then I scorn to change my state with kings.
- Dragged a dead sea lion off a breakwall.
- Taken a body down to the morgue.
- Passed under the Golden Gate Bridge almost as many times as I've passed over it.
- Accidentally climbed up an almost-shear cliff.
- Buried my favorite author.
- Teargassed myself -- without noticing.
- Moved eight times in under two years -- two of those moves being halfway across the continent and back.
- Gone from being a bachelor to a grandfather in less than a year.
- Driven from St. Petersberg, Florida, to Pasadena, California, in 56 hours. (No, I wasn't one of the drivers.)
- Been to every single Year of the Dragon parade in San Francisco held within my lifetime.
Huh. Of the ten, three involve death, two involve impressive physical feats achieved accidentally, and four involve Extreme Mobility.