DEFINING moments? Dutch's starting point was the big-screen movies... and for me, Star Trek had already been well-defined by the time V'ger came looking for its creator.
Needless to say, I soon came up with moments enough to fill my own Top Ten:
- Kirk and Spock in a fight to the death, with Spock in the throes of Pon Farr. (Dun dun DUNN DUNN DUNN DUNN dun dundun DUN dun!)
- Spock, mind-melded with the Medusan navigator, grinning broadly and greeting his old friends as if seeing them for the first time... which it is.
- "HaaaaarCOURT! Harcourt Fenton MUDD, what have you been up to?"
- Apollo, drifting into nothingness, calling to Zeus and Hera to take him with them into oblivion. "Would it have hurt us so much to light a fire, and gather just a few laurel leaves?"
- "NO KILL I"
- "I could have saved her! Do you know what you just did?" "He knows, Doctor. He knows."
- Kirk kitbashing a crude firearm out of natural mineral deposits and scrap -- and then refusing to finish off his downed opponent. Oh, and Vasquez Rocks!
- Evil Twin Goatees.
- Kirk, teaching an exotically beautiful alien gladiator how to kiss.
- And, of course: