- Determined that the phone's IR port was compatible with the one on my IBM Transnote.
- Downloaded the Nokia PC Suite to the TransNote drive.
- Discovered that I could create my own ringtones with the Composer software.
- Discovered that I could import MIDI files and convert them to ringtones.
- Converted, edited, and tidied up a MIDI file to a ringtone, then downloaded it to the phone via the IR port.
My motivations were entirely practical. Whenever I'm with a group of people and someone's phone rings, everyone scrambles to see if it's theirs. I wanted to avoid that confusion by having a distinctive (and probably unique) ringtone.
So, gang... in the future... if you hear the Jonny Quest theme... It's not your phone.
Addendum, 03 May 2003 21:23:
Quel's phone now has the opening bars of "Nights in White Satin" as a ringtone.